I access my ipad vault via fingerprint. cannot do so on my Mac

paulsully18
paulsully18
Community Member

Not sure what happened when I set it up on my Mac some time ago. I have 3 variations of a password I thought I used. None work. I am afraid if I lose my ipad i will lose access to data as the only way I can access right now is through fingerprint recognition. I moved residences and cannot find the hard copy of emergency kit. Is there a way to start over without having to manually input data? I have 489 items in my vault.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I access my ipad vault via fingerprint. cannot do so on my Mac

Comments

• Hi @paulsully18

Before you lose access via Touch ID I would recommend following these instructions:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/452271/#Comment_452271

Once you’ve done so please let me know, and let me know how you’d like to proceed.

Thanks.

Ben

• paulsully18
    paulsully18
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I started the new account. and followed the instructions up to a point and got stuck. I watched the instructional video too. It seems I was to have a pop up offer to migrate data to the new account. I was also to have a "Move" button available on the screen. I had neither. I am on my ipad and cannot figure out the next step to migrate data.. I have my data to migrate synced to Drop box.Must I disable that to migrate the data to a new vault? Please help get me to the next step... I feel like i am in the right direction.

• @paulsully18

Do you have multiple vaults? If so 1Password can’t migrate your data automatically. In either event if you aren’t getting the automatic migration wizard you can move your items manually:

Move items between vaults | 1Password

Thanks.

Ben

• paulsully18
    paulsully18
    Community Member

I have manually migrated the data on a new account on my ipad. Now I cannot seem to get the set up on my MacBook Pro. I erased the old data and downloaded the 1 Password 7.0.7 package. It does not allow me to do a new set up. I click on the icon and up comes the vault Icon and wants the Master password. The new password of course does not work. What do i do?

• From the menu bar please select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data. Then sign in to your 1Password membership account. That should get you to the correct spot. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.