To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Computer

amoel
amoel
Community Member

Hello I have a new computer (old one died) and 1Password is asking me for a new license... what do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Presumably you had 1PW6. The new and immediately downloadable version is 1PW7, which requires a new licence or a subscription. So you have to pay again.

But you can still download 1PW6. Go to Downloads at the bottom of the main AgileBits page, and towards the bottom you will find 1PW6.

Where do you have your 1PW data? Have you been syncing or backing up? Your licence for 1PW6 can be recovered from AgileBits if need be.

It's not recommended to stay on 1PW6 indefinitely, but it's the best thing to do in the early days of anew computer. Changing to 1PW7 at the same time as changing computers can be tricky.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@amoel - thanks for the question. As @danco mentioned, it depends to some degree on what you had previously, in terms of both your computer and your copy of 1Password for Mac. We'll need some additional information to know how best to help you. How were you syncing your data previously (if at all)? What version of 1Password for Mac did you have installed, and what version is your license for? Do you still have access to your old computer's hard drive or a backed-up copy of it (via Time Machine or another backup utility like Super Duper)?

ref: RRH-17255-251

This discussion has been closed.