To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

signed up, forgot master password, have emergency kit. next step to getting back online ?

Options
reelsteve
reelsteve
Community Member

I have tried every permutation I can conjure up. I am screwed. I do have my emergency kit but it doesnt contain my master password.
I have a copy of my vault file I just migrated from and given their isn't too much new data in the file, restoring that would be enough data salvage to keep me happy. Without the master password, and seemingly no way to retreive or reset it, I appear to be locked out from doing anything accept make this forum profile and post here. What can I do ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you really can't recall your master password, nothing can be done except to start again.

However, it is common for people to have made just a slight error (like remembering the password but forgetting which letters are upper-case). There are suggestion to help remember it in about My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?. This article has several things that you can do to ensure that you are typing in the correct password.

• reelsteve
    reelsteve
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the reply.

so in saying, "start again" - what level do I need to rewind to in order to do this ?
    I cant seem to get into any part of my "profile" aside from this forum profile as they all ask for the master password.
    If I uninstall the app, and reinstall - will that leave me at a place having a pathway back to my profile where I can use the backup from my local hosted vault (which I do know the password for) to migrate into my subscription and 1password hosting ?
    I hope so bcs if not, it would seem I need to blow up my subscription / billing and start over from a complete ground zero state?

thanks in advance for your help !

steve

• Ben
    Options

Hi @reelsteve

Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership. We can best assist you with this difficulty via email. As danco mentioned if you cannot recall your Master Password the only real recourse is to start fresh. If you have a local vault that you know the Master Password to it should be possible to import that data into a new membership, and when you email in we can help move over any remaining credit from your current membership to a new membership.

When you email in please include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94361/
    You'll get an automated reply back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• reelsteve
    reelsteve
    Community Member
    Options

For your reference, your support ID is [#FZM-66612-637].

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @reelsteve. Myself or one of my colleagues should be in touch with you soon.

Ben

ref: FZM-66612-637

This discussion has been closed.