Appreciating your reply on the below

Options
as2592
as2592
Community Member

Morning, I have a couple of questions regarding my 1Password account:

1. I have a 1password membership through my iTunes that is renewed every month. what happens if I accidentally deleted the app from the app store and reinstalled it all over again (assuming I know my Masterkey). will my data be deleted and erased or will everything remain as is?

2. let's say I changed my phone and I installed 1password all over again as well. what will happen to my data? will they be deleted or can they be restored by simply entering my email and masterkey?

3. My iPhone is automatically backed up to icloud on a daily basis I guess. Is my data backed up along to iCloud along with my data? and if not, how can make sure I never lose my passwords no matter what?

thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @as2592

Welcome to the forum. :)

I have a 1password membership through my iTunes that is renewed every month. what happens if I accidentally deleted the app from the app store and reinstalled it all over again (assuming I know my Masterkey). will my data be deleted and erased or will everything remain as is?

You'll need your Emergency Kit in order to recover, but your encrypted data is stored on 1Password.com, so you just need to sign back in to your membership in order to access your data:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

You need your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, and Master Password. That information is available on your Emergency Kit.

let's say I changed my phone and I installed 1password all over again as well. what will happen to my data? will they be deleted or can they be restored by simply entering my email and masterkey?

Same answer as above. :)

My iPhone is automatically backed up to icloud on a daily basis I guess. Is my data backed up along to iCloud along with my data? and if not, how can make sure I never lose my passwords no matter what?

iCloud does not back up 1Password data, but it is backed up on 1Password.com so long as you're using a 1Password membership (subscription):

1Password backups

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.