How to check for Updates?

Options
Gator5000e
Gator5000e
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Version 4 had a check for updates option but I see nothing like that for version 7. Also, it's nearly impossible to find the current version number of the program on the site. You actually have to download the program to see the version number. Is there any easier way to check for updates? I should mention I have the licensed stand alone version. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: NA

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e,

1Password 7 checks for updates automatically and you can see the message about it in 1Password menu:

Moreover, you can go to Settings > Update and see more details about the version you are using. Moreover, you can select an Update channel there, if you prefer Betas:

Please let me know if it helps. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Gator5000e
    Gator5000e
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that.

Anyway, does the program install any and all betas if you choose that option or just the more stable ones?

Thanks again.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e,

Anyway, does the program install any and all betas if you choose that option or just the more stable ones?

If you select the beta update channel, you get all beta updates.

Just to be clear, we do not send untested updates to anyone, all beta updates are tested internally first. That does not mean there won't be any bugs or anything like that, instability can and will happen.

We also do send release candidates to the beta channel, which mean that you do get the same stable update, just versioned differently. (7.2.572-BETA == 7.2.572 stable).

This discussion has been closed.