Strange sorting issues

Options

I've noticed that in 1password 7 for windows, if I change the sort order of the items, and then switch category it seems to switch the sort indicator back to sorting by title, yet the items are still sorted in the order I previously selected.

For example, if I go to passwords category, I always sort by date created, sorting by title seems an odd default as the title is always Password when they are created by the password generator.

I then switch back to favorites and the sort says title, but the order of the items is not by title.

I also notice that when I select a sort order a little check box appears in the menu to say which order it's sorting by. If I select the same order the check box goes away, but the order doesn't change... I had hoped it might switch between ascending and descending but it doesn't.

Can these issues be added to your backlog? :)

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 1 Password X 1.9.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member
    Options

Here is a screen shot of it saying it's sorting by title, but the check mark is next to date created:

The items didn't seem to be sorted by either... I think they might be being sorted alphabetically by date, rather than chronologically.

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @matty666,

Thanks for writing in.

There's a bug with Favorites, it is supposed to be sorted by title only, the additional sort options are not supposed to be there but they'll be removed in future updates.

As for other views, the sort option is global; meaning that if you set it to sort by Title in Logins, switching to Passwords will retain the same title sort, regardless of what you sort in there before.

as the title is always Password when they are created by the password generator.

That's not the case. It will record the website URL and title if you generate the password on top of the website itself like so:

Keep in mind this requires the regular 1Password extension, it won't work if you're using 1Password X. 1Password X generate passwords differently.

ref: opw/opw#2444

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT. It's definitely doing something strange, if I switch to passwords and sort by date created, then switch back to favorites, it changes the sort order back to title, but they aren't sorted by title. If I manually select title from the drop down, it then re-orders them in title order. I guess this is related to the bug you mentioned?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @matty666,

Thank you for reporting this! I am able to reproduce it on my side and will pass this info along to my team.

As Mike mentioned above, we have plans to change sorting in Favorites, so the issue you mentioned will probably be fixed by that change. If we have more information about this sorting issue, I will post it here. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.