1Password crashes on first launch or after update, then is fine

Options
Alex0205
Alex0205
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just got a new computer, and installed 1Password right away, but it seems to have startup issues. Whenever the computer boots up, 1Password crashes right away and displays the standard Windows "1Password has stopped working" dialog. Interestingly, after I dismiss this dialog it starts again and seems to be fine.

I thought changing to the beta channel might help, and so I tried that, but after installing the update, the same thing happened: the first time it tried to launch, it crashed, but after that I launched it and it was fine (this time I had to do it manually though). Since this has been happening for only a couple hours, I haven't had a chance to see if all updates trigger the issue. It still crashes on system startup.

If I manually quit 1Password and relaunch it, it does not crash.

1Password Version: Both 7.2.576 and whatever the current stable version is
Extension Version: 7.2.575
OS Version: Windows 10, Build 1805 (17134.191)
Sync Type: Native (subscription)

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Alex0205,

Thank you for reporting this!

There might be several reasons for this error, so I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you see it:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• Alex0205
    Alex0205
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg-

I accidentally send the report and logs to support@1password.com, but it looks like I got back a case number anyway: #NKZ-17573-994

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, we got the email and will reply to your email as soon as possible.

ref: NKZ-17573-994

This discussion has been closed.