Cannot remove form details fields

When I edit an item, there's no way to remove a field from the form details. This is a pain since 1Password saved the CAPTCHA value for a site and keeps filling it up (wrongly of course).

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited August 2018

Hi @ivanyv,

Thanks for writing in.

You can clear the content of that field, so that 1Password won't fill anything in but it is not yet possible to modify your web form details, it is not supposed to be user-editable in the first place and we may get rid of this completely in a future update.

We do plan to update our extension to avoid saving any CAPTCHA values.

If we change our mind and keeping web form details, we'll add full support for modifying it in a future update.

• Actually, in this particular case the field is empty already, the issue is that I have auto-submit enabled, and 1Password clears the CAPTCHA befor submit.

• Though I just discovered I can disable auto-submit for that particular site, so it kinda works that way.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Yes, you'll need to disable auto-submit for any Login items that uses CAPTCHA. Removing the CATPCHA field won't help as 1Password will still submit without it.

• So this is a year old.... still can't delete useless web form details? When do you plan to address this?

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

To be clear, @jimgarrison, the web form details aren't useless. The extension uses these details to help it properly fill the form. They're not something we as users need to see most of the time so they're hidden by default, but there are times they're helpful in troubleshooting filling issues so even the option to reveal them has its use. We are aiming to reduce reliance on web form details in the future, as MikeT mentioned, but until that time comes where they genuinely are useless, they're here to stay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file