Having to click many times on the Chrome browser extension icon

Options

I am finding the latest 1Password for Windows 7.2.576 to be quite buggy. The browser extension icon often requires many click before it responds and when I finally see the login for that page and click on it, it either doesn't respond or takes a long time to populate the fields. I am also finding the 1Password application is slow to respond to search requests and clicking on the "Edit" button is often unresponsive or slow. Are any of these known issues?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: 576
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Matty279,

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you noticing this right after unlocking 1Password? It sounds like the background sync is blocking the interface and it won't stop until the sync is done.

If you wait a few minutes after unlocking 1Password, does it appear to be more stable that way?

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @MikeT

I'll monitor the behaviour and see what patterns I discover that I can report.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@matty279: Thank you! Please keep is posted. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Yes the pattern I have observed is that this occurs immediately after unlocking the vault. However, I have been watching the Dropbox system tray icon and there is no syncing happening during this lag period between the 1Password extension window appearing, selecting a login and waiting for up to 20 seconds for the fields to populate. After this, the issue doesn't recur until the vault is locked and unlocked again. This was never an issue with 1Password 4 or 6 for Windows. Is this a known issue that you are working on to resolve?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: There is indeed a known performance issue in the current version of 1Password 7 for Windows. We are planning to address it in the future update, so please stay tuned.

If you have other questions about this situation, please let me know. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Greg,

Otherwise 1Password 7 is great improvement on its predecessors.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: Thanks! We are working really hard to make it even better and fix those issues. :chuffed:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

This issue appears to have improved as of version 7.2.580.

• I'm glad to hear that, thanks for updating us! We have more optimizations coming in more updates soon.

This discussion has been closed.