Unable to finish account registration due to confirmation mail not being received

Hi,

with 1Password 7 I decided to give your online service a try.
The issue is that I wasn't able to create an account for my intended email address – which has a .chat TLD.
Because I expected the TLD to be the issue, I switched to my gmail backup address, for which I received the confirmation mail and was able to finish the account setup.

Nevertheless attempting to change the email address within the account's settings to the .chat one, I'm still not receiving the obligatory 'confirmation mail'.

Can you therefore please check if the .chat TLD is blacklisted somewhere in your system, resulting in confirmation mails not being sent?

Best
Philipp

PS:
The confirmation mails weren't received (yes, I also checked spam) for the registration process via web browser nor for the registration form displayed via the 1Password 7 Mac App.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:email

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Philipp_M

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble receiving emails at your preferred email address. As far as I’m aware we don’t have a TLD blacklist, but some mail systems are more strict than others and may not even deliver our emails to your spam folder if they believe them to score highly enough as spam. The emails you are looking for are sent from [email protected] — could you please check with your mail provider if they’ve blocked any such emails to your account, and if so why? There may be adjustments we can make on our end to help prevent that, but without knowing why we are being blocked we’re taking shots in the dark.

In the mean time if you can please email us at [email protected] from the email address in question, and then post the support ID you receive from the auto-responder here, I can have our ops team investigate from our end.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hey @Ben,

thank you for the quick reply and there is no need to feel sorry – it occurred the issue I was talking about is completely related to my hoster (mail service provider) who decided to not even show / forward your confirmation mails to my mail client. Presumabily because of a bad spam rating.

Long story short; I found them (all) locked away in a separate spam folder when checking via my hoster's web mailer.
    Thank you for your help & sorry for not taking this into consideration beforehand.

Best
    Philipp

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Philipp_M: Ah, that's good news at least! No worries. I'm glad that they're at least exposing these emails on their server so they're not just going into some black hole. Thank you for the update. We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file