Firefox Extension greyed out and will not work

Options
dinkle50
dinkle50
Community Member

Hello,
I'm having an issue and have been for quite some time. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix?

1PW: Mac 1Password 7 7.07
FF: Quantum 61.0.2
FF extension: 1Password 4.7.2.90

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@dinkle50: You'll need to make sure that both the browser and 1Password are in the system /Applications folder. Otherwise they cannot connect to each other due to sandboxing. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Edit: I've moved your post out of that old Windows discussion to the Mac category of the forum since that's what you're using.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @dinkle50! I'm sorry for the trouble with 1Password's Firefox extension just now. The first step here would be for you to delete and then re-install 1Password's Firefox extension. That may or may not solve the issue for you. If it doesn't, then in most cases we've seen of this, Firefox is likely damaged or corrupted in some way; shut it down, delete it by dragging to the trash, restart your Mac and re-install the latest version of Firefox. Let us know how that works for you.

• dinkle50
    dinkle50
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars! Thanks for the note! I just tried wiping out Firefox and re-installing. I made sure and wiped out the entire Firefox profile folder as well to make sure nothing in there was causing an issue. After re-installing 1 Password extension, it is still greyed out. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Lucas

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dinkle50 - sorry that didn't work. Did you actually reinstall Firefox itself, or only the 1Password extension within Firefox? If it's the latter, try reinstalling the actual Firefox application. If you've already done that, then in your Mac's Library folder, open ~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/ and see if there's a folder there called "NativeMessagingHosts". If not, create one, the restart Firefox. If there IS one, get info on it and let me know what the permissions are.

• dinkle50
    dinkle50
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars. I did re-install Firefox itself, then the 1Password extension to see if it fixed the issue. The permissions for the "NativeMessagingHost" folder are in the screenshot attached here. Thank you so much for the help here!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dinkle50 - hmmmm...sorry for the continued difficulty. Without a closer look, I'm about out of ideas here. So, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#WBV-48166-227]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @dinkle50 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WBV-48166-227

• dinkle50
    dinkle50
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Lars ! Report has been sent in.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dinkle50 - yep, thanks. Received it, one of us will be back with you shortly via email.

• dinkle50
    dinkle50
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - Got your email. That fix worked. Thank you again!

• rudy
    edited August 2018
    Options

@dinkle50,

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.