To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

unfreezing trial account [conversation moved to email]

Options
jwitte
jwitte
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Memberships

I started a families trial, the trial is now expired, and the subscription account is frozen.
I am unable to log in to the 1password website to unfreeze the trial. I get an error "Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect."

I know my secret key (I have the PDF).
I know my master password (and I am able to open the 1password7 app with it).
I know my email (and I received a subscription expiration notice at my email address).

I've tried multiple browsers, and multiple machines to no avail. I am able to change the 1password7 master password at Preferences > Security. I am unable to use the "change password" button at Preferences > Accounts, I get "Current password is invalid." error.

I have access to all my vaults locally. I've submitted a support ticket via email. If anyone has experienced this situation, advice would be welcome.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: XLZ-66627-986

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi, @jwitte.

From your description, it sounds like you have at least one standalone vault on your Mac, and the Master Password you know is the one for that vault, but not the same as the one for your 1Password account. Try to think of another Master Password you may have used when you signed up for your family account. Here's a guide that could help you:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If you aren't able to remember the Master Password for your family account, let me know and we can go from there.

This discussion has been closed.