I have a new account but don't recall password of first account password required for OSXapp

rbrinkman
rbrinkman
Community Member

I have created a new account and when installing the app for OSX I found out that "The Master Password that unlocks the app will always be the Master Password for the first account you sign in to, even if you add additional accounts with different Master Passwords."

How can I reset or work around this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:The Master Password that unlocks the app will always be the Master Password for the first account you sign in to, even if you add additional accounts with different Master Passwords.

Comments

• rudy
    edited August 2018

@rbrinkman,

You would need to use the Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset all 1Password Data menu option in order to reset the configuration of the App. This will log you out of all of the 1Password.com accounts and delete the in-app storage of any local vaults you might have configured the app to use. It won't touch any agilekeychain or opvault files through this process.

Upon 1Password getting back to the startup screen you can then proceed to sign into your accounts. Sign into the one you want to use to unlock 1Password with as the first account you sign into.

• rbrinkman
    rbrinkman
    Community Member

Thanks!

• On behalf of Rudy you are most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.