Reinstalling 1Password on Mac - problems

Options
jefejasley
jefejasley
Community Member

I have a new iMac and trying to install 1Password on that Mac. I had it installed on my previous Mac synced with Dropbox, and synced with my iPhone and iPad. When I reinstalled it on my new Mac after downloading from the AgileBits website, it will not let me enter the license key. I have a link that was provide to me when I originally purchased 1Password, I click that link and it takes me to AgileBits website prompts me if it is OK to open 1password and apply the license, but nothing gets applied.

1Password Version: 7.0.7 Mac AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jefejasley 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6 so your 1Password 6 licence won't work. See this knowledge base article for (a little!) help.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jefejasley! @Stephen_C is correct: unless your purchase of 1Password 6 for Mac was more recent than March 27 of this year, version 7 is a paid upgrade. You can install version 7 (I see you already have), and choose the option to purchase a license at the initial screen:

Since you'd be paying to upgrade your license to version 7 anyway, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the other option, a 1password.com membership. It's a different way of paying for 1Password, but it also has many advantages. Let us know if you have any questions about either option.

This discussion has been closed.