Windows 10 Notification Center support for OTP?

Options

On OS X, 1Password will generate a notification via growl (or whatever replaced growl) telling me that the site I just logged in to has OTP, and that the OTP code is in the clipboard temporarily. I can paste the code, and then some time later 1Password restores the contents of the clipboard.
This behaviour sort of exists in Windows 10, but it's not as forthcoming - the clipboard gets updated, and then put back, but there's never any notification via the Notification Center that 1Password has done this. If you don't remember that you set up OTP for that site in 1Password, you might reach for your mobile running Duo Mobile etc, instead of just pasting.
Is there an existing feature request to bring parity here?

1Password Version: 7.something
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bajandude,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, this has been requested before and we do plan to implement support for TOTP notifications, however there's a good chance we may not need to do this once we improve our browser extensions.

The upcoming 1Password 7.2 update will support filling TOTP token with the same shortcut shortcut as the Login fill (Control + \), which means the clipboard will be optional but even better, we aim to automate the Login + TOTP filling with one shortcut in the near future.

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

Grand :) Thank you.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome and by the way, we've just released 1Password 7.2 update.

This discussion has been closed.