The scroll bar in 1password in the Categories section keeps jumping all the time

I'll explain my story, since this is filed under Windows:
Because of big limitations on Android, in order to generate random password, I have to manually open 1Password on Android, create a random password under the Password categories, manually copy and switch back to Chrome and paste in the password in my form. I submitted my form and 1password didn't even ask to save the new login.

I am now on Windows, and I need to do manual book keeping now and turn that password from the Passwords category into a proper Login password. I have a long list of passwords in the Passwords section and that drop-down keeps jumping to the start of the list as I scroll. Not good for user-experience.

Can anyone confirm this issue?

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @msxtj,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm not seeing anything odd in the Passwords category when scrolling.

Are you doing this right after unlocking 1Password, could it be the background sync refreshing the list causing it go to back to the top?

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

@MikeT Indeed - correct observation. It was background sync that was constantly causing the list to jump back up all the time. Let's say this is a minor issue, but it did affect the user experience. Maybe a ticket could be raised on that so that the list is somehow refreshed, without this constant jumping. If you have a long list and you quickly need to scroll and check the list, you will find the jumping annoying.

• Hi @msxtj,

It is definitely a major issue for us and it will be fixed; we're working on overhauling how we handle our work threads, so that no background sync impacts the interface. This is the focus of the upcoming 1Password 7.3 update.

This discussion has been closed.