To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have created a new password three times, each time I try to sign in says "Wrong Master Password"

deemarc
deemarc
Community Member

I have created a new password three times, each time I try to sign in says "Wrong Master Password
How do I create a master password to begin with?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have created a new password three times, each time I try to sign in says "Wrong Master Password"

Comments

• fabrice_charles
    fabrice_charles
    Community Member

@deemarc : If you're still able to sign into your account on 1Password.com, you can change your Master Password. Once you've signed in, just click your name at the top right, choose MyProfile then click Change Master Password. If you don't have an account on 1Password.com or for some reason, that process doesn't work for you, try entering your Master Password on your other devices. Hopefully this helps!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@deemarc - sorry for the trouble! Without a little more information, it's a bit hard to say what might be going wrong. Are you able to access your 1Password data on any device? Can I ask what version of the following things you're currently running? (please give specific version numbers, as "latest" often isn't):

1. macOS or Windows
    2. 1Password
    3. Browser
    4. 1Password extension.

Please also let us know if you're using a 1Password application on any devices besides your main one (and if so, what type?). Also, how were you trying to create a new Master Password? Can you give us specific steps you took and what didn't work the way you expected? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

ref: DGA-76756-379 /i>

This discussion has been closed.