Unable to update favicon [Editing/adding custom icon isn't supported yet for standalone vaults]

Options
trailmax
trailmax
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I might be missing something, but once a login record created, I can't modify favicon in any way.
When I edit a login record, there is a little dropdown triangle near the icon, but it does not bring up a menu.. it does not do anything on a click

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Chrome - latest
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

@trailmax: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible to edit Custom Icons in local vaults currently, but it's something we'll be adding in the future.

ref: opw/opw#3231

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Ah, I see - that's what I'm missing. It is confusing with the dropdown arrow suggesting that there should be a menu. OK, I'll survive with that one ugly incorrect icon :-)

• MikeT
    Options

Yep, we've simply disabled the icon edit button for standalone vaults but it didn't remove the down arrow when we did that. Rather than spending extra time customizing what is a temporary measure, we wanted to skip that and focus on implementing the support for adding custom icon to standalone vaults instead.

We had other higher priorities (Watchtower 2) that went in front of this but hopefully we'll bring this support to you soon.

This discussion has been closed.