Save and avoid entering Master Password in Chrome

I've been searching around the forums and cannot seem to find an answer to my question. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

I'm using 1Password X for Chrome on Mac OS Mojave. Is there a way to enter your master password once and have it saved so that you avoid having to enter it after every browser restart?

Thanks
Gerry

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gerrymcil: No. That would require 1Password X to store your Master Password on disk inside the browser, and that's just not something we're going to do for security reasons. The only time we store anything like the Master Password at all is in cases like Touch ID where there's a secure hardware component expressly for that purpose which can be used. There's nothing like that within a browser, even on the same platform, as it would require system-level access. But as you hinted, 1Password X can store the derived key in memory while the browser is open so that the Master Password does not need to be entered again until 1Password X is locked. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• reghrtehtrerthere
    reghrtehtrerthere
    Community Member

@brenty@gerrymcil 其他密码工具有这个功能 。我认为这个功能可以不用. 但不能不加入. 键盘记录是最基础的安全问题. 1Password x这个产品可能让你一天输入无数次主密码. 还有个问题. 1PASSWORTD.COM到底遵守了GDPR中什么条款 .而没有遵守的又是什么条款

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@reghrtehtrerthere: You're right. If you value convenience over security, there are alternatives out there which will allow you to not protect your data by requiring a password to decrypt it: spreadsheets, text editors, and even other "password managers". We have no plans to have 1Password store people's Master Passwords on disk.

1Password is GDPR compliant., and separate from that we have always gone out of our way to protect 1Password users' privacy. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.