To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Screwed up master password when I signed up. How do I "start again"?

Options
jimt97038
jimt97038
Community Member

I screwed up my master password when I created my subscription account (I'm switching from being a longtime license only customer). I've read through the FAQs and this forum, and the only recourse seems to be to "start again." How do I start over when I can't log into my 1password.com account because the password is screwed up? I deleted the local data to start again, but I can't make an account while my old messed up one still exists because it says the email address is already associated with an account.

I do have my emergency PDF, but since my online account password is messed up nothing works.

Help!

Fortunately I still have my old vault so I can always switch back to license only and cancel the subscription, but I'd like to take advantage of the new travel mode feature that only comes with a subscription.

Been emailing my sales rep but I think they went home as I'm no longer getting any responses to my emails going to ticket # KRJ-43576-727.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jimt97038

Welcome to the forum. I apppreciate your interest and enthusiasm for getting this set up. As this is a public venue (i.e. everyone can read what is written here) we’re unable to assist with account specific issues. The way to deal with this will be with a conversation with our sales team. It appears you already have one started. :)

Been emailing my sales rep but I think they went home as I'm no longer getting any responses to my emails going to ticket # KRJ-43576-727.

As super human as our sales team is even they require sleep on occasion. ;) It looks like you’ve been working with Jessy. He’ll be in this morning, so he should be in touch soon. Thanks!

Ben

• jimt97038
    jimt97038
    Community Member
    Options

Somebody deleted my old account and I was able to recreate it and get a new one set up. To whoever did that, thanks!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Jessy you're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.