New password doesn't work on iPhone App

Options
cristicooke
cristicooke
Community Member

I changed my password on 1Password on my laptop, and everything is working fine. I also have the 1Password App on my iPhone, but it is not taking the new password. I was thinking of deleting the App from my iPhone and reinstalling it to see if that helps, but I get a message that if I delete the App, i lose all the 1Password data. Is that the case? And, why is the new password not working on the iPhone app?
Also, FYI, I purchased 1Password a few years ago, as a license - I don't have a membership and I'm actually not clear on why I would need one. I look forward to resolving the "wrong password" message on my iPhone App
Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone 5SE
Sync Type: hmm not sure. Wi-Fi?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cristicooke

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Sync Type: hmm not sure. Wi-Fi?

Are you sure that your devices actually are indeed in sync at all? Certainly if they weren't syncing that would explain the discrepancy. Also when syncing with legacy methods (anything other than 1Password membership) you need to unlock the device the first time after a password change using the old Master Password, so it can sync the changes, and then from then on should unlock using the new Master Password. We have a blog post about how legacy services account for Master Password changes here:

How 1Password syncs changes to your Master Password - AgileBits Blog

but I get a message that if I delete the App, i lose all the 1Password data. Is that the case?

It is true that deleting an iOS app deletes all of that app's data from the iOS device, but that doesn't affect the data that may be on other devices. In this case it would delete the 1Password data from your iPhone but not from your laptop.

I don't have a membership and I'm actually not clear on why I would need one.

It may be something to consider once we get this issue sorted out for you.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.