1Password extensions keeps failing in Edge on Windows 10 Insiders slow build 17713

I have had to upgrade to the Insiders build of Windows 10 due to some annoying issues with other things, but one negative I have come across is that the 1Password extension keeps failing in Edge.

At first I was seeing intermittent functionality in that when you click on the icon, or use the hotkey, nothing would happen. Restarting the machine would generally fix this when it happened.

Secondly since the last update, I have started seeing a message at the bottom of Edge saying there was a problem with the extensions and they had to be reinstalled. Every time this happens, Edge pops up a box asking if I want to enable 1Password and I have to click the button to allow it. I then normally find I'm back to issue #1 above as it doesn't to anything when I click the button in the toolbar.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 7.2.575
OS Version: Windows 10 build 17713
Sync Type: Families & Teams

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @AndyMDoyle,

Thanks for reporting this. This has been a known issue within Microsoft Edge for a few months on the Insider builds, it was affecting other extensions as well.

We haven't been able to figure out why it is happening and we're still waiting for Microsoft to reply to our emails about this issue.

At this moment, 1Password extension for Edge will not work on Insider builds and we don't generally support unstable versions of any OS.

You can upvote the existing feedback about this same issue in the Feedback Hub with the hope that Microsoft will follow up sooner: https://aka.ms/AA1m361 and https://aka.ms/AA1p3ac.

• AndyMDoyle
    AndyMDoyle
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick and detailed response :)

I have upvoted and commented on both of those issues in the Feedback Hub. Let's hope the next build sorts Edge out.

• You're welcome. We're been hoping for a while now, we just need to hear back from Microsoft.

We've heard that other extensions have been stabilized already, so, it is now down to a few extensions like ours.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Boom, bang, boom, NOT REPRO ANYMORE WITH YESTERDAY'S BUILD 17741!
    Yeah!
    On your machines, too?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sniem,

That is great news! :+1:

Mike is away at the moment, but we will check the behaviour on our side. Thank you for the heads-up! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Yep, I can confirm it is fixed on the latest Insider builds.

This discussion has been closed.