no update of icons

Options

In the older stand alone versions (4 and 5) of 1Password I had the option to update the icons. In version 7 I don't have this option and I also experience that they are not at all linked or updated any more. Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution available for this ?

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 / iOS 11
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chris_eeftink,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you mean the ability to add your own custom icons? If yes, this hasn't been implemented for standalone vaults within 1Password 7 but we do plan to add this soon and we do not have a timeframe.

You may want to see the known issues for other standalone vault limitations that'll be addressed in future updates.

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, yes this is also what I mean. But it seems that there is no sync / activity at all. For exampel I added yesterday a new password / account update or McDonalds ;-) (yes jummy hamburgers) and I see no icon at all ;-(

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chris_eeftink,

I'm seeing the default Rich Icon for it:

Just to be clear, syncing and Rich Icons are two separate functions.

Did you see the new item show up in 1Password and it is just not showing the Rich Icon?

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

Yep that's correct. I don't see the Rich Icon ;-)

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

Yep ! I see the new item but no Rich Icon ;-)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chris_eeftink,

Thank you for the confirmation. Could you please specify the device you updated the icon on?

Additionally, please make sure that you have the correct time settings on your PC and restart 1Password 7 app. Does the issue remain?

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro with Windows 10 Pro (up to date) / Trend Micro™ Maximum Security 2018.
    Restarted the 1Password 7 app. Issue still remain.

Also on other devices. For example my Windows 10 Pro machine at work / from HP ;-) Same issues.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chris_eeftink,

Could you please try to do the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 7 on your PC.

2) Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Show Console.

3) Enter the following string there: clearrichicons and press Enter.

4) Lock and unlock 1Password again.

Do you see Rich Icons after that? Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, after trying above I saw in the log the message: deleted 207 rich icons from database

After locking / unlocking 1Password I do see a lot more rich icons. So far so good !
    But still some are missing for some strange reason. For example McDonalds.

Cheers,
    Chris

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chris_eeftink,

That is quite strange. I just created a test Login item for McDonalds in my vault and the Rich Icons is shown correctly:

Does your item looks similar? Please let me know.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• chris_eeftink
    chris_eeftink
    Community Member
    Options

The rich icon above is from the .com website. Since I live in The Netherlands and the account I created is for the .nl webiste I believe the rich icon is not (yet) in the database ;-) So let's stop this discussion. Overall the main problem with the rich icons is solved by resetting using the command clearrichicons on the console.

Best regards and thank you !

Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that the reset helped. :)

This discussion has been closed.