A way to open and fill in a new tab

Options
mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

Hello,

I am using Firefox 61.0.2. When click a URL in 1Password to open and fill, it seems like 1Password opens that URL in the last active tab. I have a pinned tab and if that is the only tab open, 1Password opens the URL in that tab which sort of defeats the purpose of a pinned tab.

Is there an option to tell 1Password to open and fill in a new tab?

Thanks,
Michael

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mskopel

The desired behavior you've described is the behavior I experience when using this feature (i.e. a new tab is opened). That said this is the default behavior... even on a brand new installation this is what I experience. As such it is likely that some configuration in your browser has changed this. Do you have any extensions installed in Firefox that might affect how tabs operate?

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I have no addons to manage tabs. The only thing have done is modify FF configuration so that closing the last tab does not close FF (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1015675). I reset that to 'true' but it had no effect.

I also tried making Chrome my default browser and had the same issue, clicking on a URL in 1Password opened the URL in the last tab, not a new one.

Let me know if there is any additional information I should look for.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@mskopel - try typing ⌥ ⌘ \ (cmd + opt + backslash) to bring up the 1Password mini, then click the gear icon at the top right and scroll down to "Open URLs in New Tab" -- see what it's set to there.

Try adjusting it to "New Tab" if it wasn't already. If it was, try setting it to something else (just for a second), then return to that setting and set it back to "New Tab." Let me know if that helps.

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

I knew that option had to be somewhere...thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that did the trick. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.