1P Frozen Despite Having a License

Hi there!

I'm a long-term personal user. I purchased a license to 1P 5 way back in 2015 and have been a happy user since (of the licensed version, not the subscription version); I upgrade regularly and use the latest version.

Two years ago, I was working for a company, that used the "Team" feature. So, for a few years, I had both my personal/license and the team subscription. I quit that job a year ago and no longer use their account (but it was still configured in my 1P.)

Apparently, my ex-company canceled their account. BUT.... my personal account is now frozen! I can't edit any (personal) entries in my personal vault -- that had nothing to do with the company's subscription. Oh no!!!

I can't figure out how to re-activate my personal usage.

Note -- I have my original license file from 2015, but it won't let me upload it into 1P now; it's showing as greyed out. Maybe the license file format has changed?

Thank you!!!!
morgan

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @morganf,

1Password 7 is included with a membership, and that is what enabled you to use it -- you were still signed into the team's membership. Essentially they were paying for your usage of 1Password 7. Version 7 is not included with any previously purchased licenses. It requires either a membership (of any level) or a new license. A license from 2015 would not be applicable.

To continue you'd need to:

1. Sign out of the teams membership, if this hasn't already happened: 1Password > Preferences > Accounts
    2. Either subscribe to a membership (instructions: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ ) or purchase a license within the 1Password 7 app ( 1Password > License ).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Hi @ben

Thank you, this explains it. Where can I purchase a stand-alone license from?

morgan

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@morganf

You can purchase a license within the 1Password 7 app ( 1Password > License ). This option will not appear if you still have membership accounts that you are signed into in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts, so please be sure to remove any first.

Ben

• I'm there and I don't see it. On the Accounts page -- it's empty, nothing there.

When I click on the "+" on the bottom left, it asks me if I want to add my former company's account back. There is nowhere else to click. Here is what I see: https://tppr.me/Ed9oA

Please let me know how to proceed!
    morgan

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

It isn't in the preferences window. You need to go up to the very top of your screen, to the menu bar, and select 1Password (next to the Apple logo) > Purchase 1Password from there (my apologies -- in my last message I said 1Password > License, but it is actually 1Password > Purchase 1Password).

Ben

• Ahhhh got it. Thank you!!!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited August 2018

Great! Thanks for the update, and for your patronage. :)

Ben

ref: IPA-77787-435

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file