Automatically Update Vulnerable Passwords

gcv
gcv
Community Member

In Watchtower there is a list of vulnerable passwords. I can see those items by clicking on "Vulnerable Passwords." When I log into a compromised website account using the item in Watchtower, and change my password, the change isn't automatically made in 1Password. I need to go into the 1Password app, open the item for which I just updated the password, and update it manually.

Is there a way to have it update the password automatically, as the app would do if I changed an item that isn't in the list of vulnerable passwords? Do I need to find the item in the vulnerable passwords list in Watchtower, go back into the "All Items" list, log into a website from there, and then have it automatically update to the new password?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Change vulnerable passwords

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gcv

When I log into a compromised website account using the item in Watchtower, and change my password, the change isn't automatically made in 1Password.

It should be. For most sites, changing passwords using these instructions should result in 1Password offering to save the changes. There are a few sites with more-unusual setups that don't play as well with 1Password, but that shouldn't vary depending on whether you used Watchtower or the regular list of items. Have you tried to compare the two? Like: on a site where you were unable to save password changes using the Watchtower path, did you try afterwards using the "regular" path and it worked?

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

I checked the information on the link you provided. I didn't see the Password Generator in the sidebar. In fact, I didn't see it anywhere in either the Safari or the 1Password app when I open the app. What I did notice is that when I manually created a new password and clicked "save", the old password still shows up in the vulnerable passwords list. However, when I click on the "All Items" list the new password is there. In short, I can't get steps 2 and 3 to work as described in the 1Password link.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gcv: What version of the 1Password extension are you using in your browser?

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member

Version 4.7.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gcv: Great, thanks! I thought you might be using something else. If you click the 1Password "keyhole" icon in your browser, in the macOS menu bar, or press Command Option \, it will being up 1Password mini, like this:

Just click the "Password Generator" item on the left, and that will display the options for it on the right. Does that help?

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member

Yes. Thank you.

• On behalf of brenty you are most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.