my app ceased opening and illing in username and password(s)

Options
tmcgflyfisher
tmcgflyfisher
Community Member

1Password has ceassed to function for logins, i.e., when I select any login site and hit open and fill, nothing happens. Using MAC High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks,,Terry McGovern

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my app ceased opening and illing in username and password(s)

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmcgflyfisher - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you tell us a little more about your setup/recent events? 1Password doesn't typically just "stop working." Did you upgrade your version of 1Password recently? Re-install? What version of 1Password for Mac ARE you using? And also what browser/version of browser? Did anything else change on your system recently -- add any new antivirus or other internet filtering/proxy software? The more information you can give us, the better. :)

• tmcgflyfisher
    tmcgflyfisher
    Community Member
    Options

using 6.8.8 of 1Password. Always getting updates on OS, now 10.13.6 (High Sierra) Use Firefox primarily, though did switch to Chrome, but have switched back to Firefox. TotalAV anti-virus somehow got on this computer, but trial has expired and get notices I need to purchase but don't plan on doing so Use Norton but that has been on system for longer than 1Password. Any help you can give will be appreciated. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmcgflyfisher - if you've got more than one AV product operating (or at least installed) on your Mac, that's quite likely to be part if not all of the issue you're experiencing with 1Password. Can you temporarily disable both of these -- or add 1Password and its extension helper to whatever whitelists these programs use -- and then restart your Mac and try again? Let me know how/if that affects things.

This discussion has been closed.