Save username and password for a site that does not have an internet login

Options

I think I may be having a senior moment. I would like to save to my vault a username and password for a login that only works on an IPhone or IPad app. I can't think how to do it in 1P7 except by way of a Secure Note. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Save username and password for a site that does not have an internet login

Comments

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Just manually create a new login in 1pw and leave out the website field.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I said I was brain dead and I am!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

Sniem is right, creating a Login item for the app on your iOS devices is the right way to go. :) That is what I do myself. Usually, the apps have their own websites (even without the sign-in pages), so I put them in 1Password as well. Just in case.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Good point. Thanks Greg. I've just added the url.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andrew42: You are very welcome! :+1:

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Fun fact of the weekend: I have discovered a service with an app where you have to login in the app - only the app, there is no web login on their website - never seen that before. It's called Coup and they offer e-scooters in some cities in Europe (https://joincoup.com/en/berlin).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting. It isn't common, but there have been some pretty high profile services that did the same. Off the top of my head, Instagram had no web presence for quite a long time, was iOS-only. I think that was the case with Uber too.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

In a way it makes sense for them as they need photos of the ID and license document and all smartphones have that and most but not all notebooks and not many PCs...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

Aha, that does make sense. Smartphones (are they even called that anymore?) are pretty ubiquitous these days. :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

That was at the heart of my issue. There is an app in Switzerland on which you can record puchases for various fidelity programmes of stores and restaurants. Their web site is purely an explication of how it works and a list of partners. No log-in, no profile etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That clears it up for both of us then!. :lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.