1Password Mac 6.8.8 keeps asking for typed password, instead of using Touch ID

daharrin
daharrin
Community Member

Hello, I'm using 1P 6.8.8 on MacOS 10.12.6 on a 2017 MBP with TouchID. I'm finding lately that 1P is repeatedly asking for me to retype my password, rather than relying on TouchID. I have 1P set to renew TouchID every 2 weeks, and, of course, TouchID does work for other needs (like system requests, etc.).

If I enter my password to unlock, it will allow subsequent TouchID-based unlocking, but that works for (estimate) about a day or less. I haven't noticed a pattern with use of the browser extension, but I do use that regularly.

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't come up with a good combination of search terms that showed this same problem. Any ideas? Thanks -

Dan

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:touch ID

Comments

• daharrin
    daharrin
    Community Member

AgileBits folks, can you provide any input or guidance on this?

• Hi Dan ( @daharrin ),

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94692/
    • Your forum username: daharrin

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• daharrin
    daharrin
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Report has been sent, filed as [#ABM-35474-572].

Thanks much,
    Dan

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@daharrin - thanks, one of us will be with you shortly. :)

ref: ABM-35474-572

This discussion has been closed.