Need to use agilekeychain date to create OpVault. New Computer and no access to old data.

Options
GrantMcDonald0421
GrantMcDonald0421
Community Member

Hi there. I recently purchased a new Mac. I no longer have access to my old Mac. I manually backed up my data, thinking that all I would need to do to migrate my 1password information would be to have my Emergency Kit handy, and my DropBox AgileBits Keychain folder ready for access.

Previously my phone and my Mac, in theory, had been using this keychain to sync just fine. I realize now after diving into the forums that there is a new format hidden in the OS. I have not copied the OpVault from the previous Mac over (and now cannot). Additionally, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password on my Android, thereby deleting that data as well.

I still have my AgileBits keychain. Is there a way to extrapolate that data and upgrade it to the OpVault format for syncing? My "1Password Personal" Vault, it seems, only has a few logins, while I need the rest of the logins present in the keychain, where I believe the data still exists.

Any help to be had?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox Agilebits
Referrer: forum-search:dshjlfgh

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @GrantMcDonald0421! Sorry for the trouble with upgrading just now, but don't panic; we've got you covered.

I realize now after diving into the forums that there is a new format hidden in the OS.

It's not really hidden, since it's been available for over five years. But until version 7, we haven't forced users to switch. However, at 10+ years old, it's now time to say goodbye to Agile Keychain. It was a great step forward in its day, but that day is an increasingly long time ago at this point, and there are better, more stable and flexible alternatives.

If you've got a copy of your old Agile Keychain, then you're good. Copy it over to your new Mac, doesn't matter where (desktop is fine). Download 1Password 7 for Mac from our downloads page if you haven't already, and run the installer. On first run, you'll need to choose a standalone license or a 1password.com membership. If you already HAVE a membership, sign into it.

Once 1Password is open and unlocked, click 1Password File > Import. In the pop-up window, choose the top option, 1Password Keychain (this refers to the older, deprecated Agile Keychain). Choose which vault you want to import the old Agile Keychain into, then click Choose File and navigate to wherever you put the Agile Keychain on your new Mac. Last step, click "Import." That should take care of it! Let me know how that goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.