How do I get 1Password to default to showing ONLY logins when opening?

Options
Funchal
Funchal
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

Upon startup on the laptop, all too often the list shows logins and passwords both, meaning there are many duplicate entries. Can't find a preferences option for this; and even if I click logins under categories, it doesn't hold as my choice when 1Password closes and then is reopened. Can this default be set by the user? If not, please add it to a list of wants for future updates... thanks!

1Password Version: 7.07 (70007000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get 1Password to default to showing ONLY logins when opening?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Funchal - if you choose a category in the left sidebar of 1Password, you can select any category of item for 1Password to view. One of the selections is "All Items," which will give you everything together in one big list, sorted however you'd like (Alphabetically, by date Created, date Modified, etc). But you can also choose Logins only. Or Credit Cards. Or any other category. 1Password should remember your choice from use to use (presuming you don't change it).

• Funchal
    Funchal
    Community Member
    Options

The problem seems to be that it defaults back to All Items regularly. I'll watch myself more carefully and see if I'm doing something to cause the default to change.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Funchal - sounds good; let us know what you discover.

• Funchal
    Funchal
    Community Member
    Options

Problem is ongoing. It will open with only logins for a while, then it will revert to opening with everything and I have to manually re-set it showing just logins. I virtually never look at anything but logins, so the program seems to be doing this on its own accord. Frustrating!

• Ben
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that @Funchal. I'll be happy to pass the feedback along to our development team for their consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.