BUG: Can NOT select copy in Notes field without entering Edit mode.

Options
1pGeo
1pGeo
Community Member

Worked in previous versions as far back as I can remember.

Now you are FORCED to enter edit to select a block of text?????

Not only is this is removal of functionality, it potentially not only allows accidental changes to be be made when nothing other that a simple copy is required, but also potentially changes modification date for something that isn't a modification.

Bad form.

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @1pGeo

Welcome to the forum! You are correct, this is a bug in that it is not intended behaviour. We are aware of it and our developers are investigating the cause and a potential fix. Sorry about that.

• tandersen
    tandersen
    Community Member
    Options

This is a Large Security problem

Can I move to 1Password 6 until this is fixed? Its not a small issue.

What it means is that people leak sensitive data out of the 1Password7: (if they don't go into edit mode, which is often a worse idea!)

Step 1 - see a password or SID or account info in the notes field.
    Step 2 - cannot copy just the SID or API Key.
    Step 3 press 'copy' button - paste everything into TextEdit,
    Step 4 copy out the bit I (or my employees ) need, paste into some https web site.
    Step 5 forget to destroy the textedit file (or does textEdit leak everything you type into it in some backup/restore place?)
    Step 6 Security hole - 1password contents are now leaked out onto hard drives.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tandersen: You're repeating yourself here for some reason, but I think I get your meaning now in this context. This is something we'll be addressing in an update but it isn't a security issue: as mentioned above, you can click Edit to copy text right from within 1Password, so it isn't necessary to dump it into a text editor.

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @1pGeo

We have the fix, so it is going to be include soon.

Have a nice day and sorry about the issue.

• tandersen
    tandersen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feedback,

--Tom

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tandersen - on behalf of julieta, you're quite welcome. Glad she was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.