To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I migrate from stand alone to subscription without losing my logins

psavagerc
psavagerc
Community Member

I would like to move from a stand alone system that I sync through icloud to a subscription for my Family . I am now using Apple and PC and can't sync to my pc through icloud .
Can this be done?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS High sierra10.13.6
Sync Type: IOS 11.4.1

Comments

• fabrice_charles
    fabrice_charles
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@psavagerc I came across a 1Password team member's answer (from brenty] to a situation similar to yours. I've pasted it below. I hope it helps; but if you're still stuck, I'd suggest emailing support@1password.com for more assistance.

There isn't any way for you to change plans within an Apple subscription, so you'll need to cancel in order to do that. But your subscription will remain active until the date you're already paid through. Similarly, it isn't possible for your payment to Apple to be applied directly to bill through us. But if you'll send us your receipt we can give you a prorated credit on our end if necessary — though if you're switching to a more expensive plan the opposite may be true: you'll might have an additional balance due.

[Edited by 1Password team to add author+link reference to the original comment being quoted from]

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

HI there @psavagerc

If you are using a 1Password membership you don't need iCloud or any other 3rd party service to sync your 1Password data. Syncing is done automatically by 1Password itself through your membership, it's one of the various benefits of membership. Moving your data over to a membership is actually quite easy, just follow our Migration Guide over at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ and you should be all up and running.

Let us know if you have any difficulties with the migration.

This discussion has been closed.