Can I reorder categories in the sidebar?

Options
codeknight
codeknight
Community Member

In the sidebar in the 1Password app v7 on High Sierra, I can't find how to re-organise the categories. I thought this used to be possible, and the current order makes no sense to me when I'm looking for something. Screenshot is failing to upload. Current order is:

Logins
Secure Notes
Credit Cards
Identities
Passwords
Documents

etc etc. How do I change these so they're at least in alphabetical order?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @codeknight, It's not possible to manually sort those, but I'll let the team know that's something you'd like us to add in the future.

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It just seems weird that there's a pre-set order that isn't alphabetical.

• Ben
    Options

@codeknight

The order of the top 5 or 6 categories (6 in your case) is pre-defined as they are the most commonly used categories, and then everything below that is sorted alphabetically. It wouldn’t make much sense in our minds for Logins to be below Driver Licenses, for example, when Logins are the primary function of 1Password.

Ben

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

I can understand the top 5 but, regardless, what's wrong with being able to change them for ourselves?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson: I don't think anyone is suggesting there's a "right" or "wrong". Being able to ordering them is a personal preference some have expressed. But in a world where many of us have multiple vaults, how does that work? If you have them in one order in one vault, and another in a different one, how does that get reconciled in All Vaults? That's just the tip of the iceberg.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@brenty - yes, that's a fair point - you could have led with that :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It isn't simple, but perhaps we'll find a good solution in the future. Thanks for caring. :)

This discussion has been closed.