To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password on iPhone only - how to recover 1Password if iPhone is lost

Options
magnusdoy
magnusdoy
Community Member

I have not lost my iPhone, but what would happen if I did? How would I retrieve 1Password? I think it syncs with iCloud. I have been using 1Password free for years, and I only use it on my iPhone, which I almost always have with me, and see no need to access it via other platforms/PC's. I apparently do not have an account, or a membership, and to be honest, I would rather not pay $36/year. I doubt that if I ever registered, that the email I used is still valid or accessible. Thank you for your assistance.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• fabrice_charles
    fabrice_charles
    Community Member
    Options

@magnusdoy great question! Hypothetically, if your iPhone were lost/stolen, your 1Password data would be safe. This is because your information is encrypted with your Master Password. And if you wanted to access your data now that your iPhone was lost, you could from another one of your devices if you synced 1Password with your iCloud, Dropbox or your WLAN server before. Hope this helps!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @magnusdoy

If you sync your 1Password data with iCloud then the data is on iCloud. Should you lose your device, all you would need to do is download 1Password on the new device and connect it to your iCloud account and your data would be recovered. I would double check to make sure you are in fact syncing with iCloud as that is a specific 1Password setting and not something that happens automatically.

Open 1Password and tap Settings>Sync and you will see there where you are syncing your data.

This discussion has been closed.