Unused agilekeychain on dropbox with active syncronisation

Options
stefankempf
stefankempf
Community Member

I have migrated to 1password7 from (at least I think so its already a few months ago) 1password5. Back in the days, I used Dropbox to sync my devices, but now I have an account on 1password.com and sync everything over this account. I checked today on my dropbox and saw a 1password.agilekeychain file sitting in the dropbox and beeing changed today, so as far as I understand, I still sync my data somehow with dropbox. Unfortuntely, thats something I don't want to out of two reasongs: 1) sharing personal data with dropbox and 2) relying on dropbox as a service I don't really need anymore.

In the 1password settings, I don't see any options to disable dropbox sync. Can somebody tell me how to disable this option? Or can I just delete the keychain file on dropbox?

Thanks for a reply.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.14
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• Hi stefankempf,

It sounds like one of your devices is still configured to sync to Dropbox. To know which one, check the sync settings on each device.

Yes, you can safely remove the keychain file from Dropbox. Any device currently syncing to this location will register an error and stop syncing to that location.

This discussion has been closed.