1Password Win7 Does Not Work in IE9

1Password no longer works for me in Internet Explorer 9. Here are some specifics:

1Password Version: 1.0.8.222 (for Windows)
Windows Version: Win 7 Ultimate with SP1 (64-bit)
Internet Explorer Version: 9.0.8112.16421 (64-bit)

1Password Browser Preferences:

Browser Tab:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 (checked).
- Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 (checked).
- Google Chrome 14.0.835.202 (checked).
- Keep extensions unlocked when broswers are closed (un-checked).

1Password Logins Tab:

- Submit Logins automatically (Auto-Submit) (checked).
- Hide my logins when 1Password is locked (un-checked).
- Automatically download icons for new logins (checked).
- Login keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + \).

This problem has existed on my system for a while now (at least a couple of weeks). When I press the (Ctrl + \) in IE9, nothing happens.

Previously, 1Password would pop a window up asking me to provide my 1Password login password. After doing so, the page's textboxes would auto-fill and the page would submit. That doesn't happen any more. Now, nothing happens.

I've tried changing the login keyboard shortcut to (Ctrl + ]) instead. That didn't work.

1Password seems to work fine in both Chrome and Firefox. It's just IE9 that fails to work. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Roger

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for all the information, Roger!

As noted in the user's guide, 1Password's 32-bit extensions are not intended to work with 64-bit browsers.

Please see the following documents for details:
    ​It's simple to install 32-bit Internet Explorer, and it works just fine in 64-bit Windows.
  • Thank you for your response.

Do you expect AgileBits to support 64-bit browsers anytime soon?

Roger
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    It's our policy not to try to pin features to specific dates or releases. We're a small team, things inevitably arise that divert resources, and we'd hate to disappoint our customers by missing some arbitrary and self-imposed deadline.

I'm sorry not to be able to reply with anything more specific than "eventually."
This discussion has been closed.