Usernames and passwords not being displayed

speedy1812
speedy1812
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The other day, I went to log into my main bank account (which I usually log into at least weekly). "Ctrl + /" didn't fill in my credentials, so I went to copy them manually from the Chrome extension, but they weren't there in the entry for my bank. Then I opened the main 1P app, and the while all the other info for my bank (notes, website URLs) was still there in the entry, the username and password was not displayed.

I thought maybe the entry had been modified, but the "last modified" timestamp was multiple months back. I had recently upgraded to 7.2.576, so I downgraded to 7.1.567, but no luck.

My wife and I share the same vault. She was already running 7.2.576, but on Windows 7. I checked the bank account entry on her computer, and the username and password were being displayed. I checked on my iPhone (still running 1P 6.9 on iOS 10), and the username and password were there also.

So the data is in my vault, but for some reason, it's not being displayed on my computer. So far, I've found one other entry where the credentials are not being displayed, but all the other entries' credentials are displaying fine. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @speedy1812,

Thank you for getting in touch! I don't remember seeing reports like yours before, so I would like to find out more about what happened on your side.

If you are using a family account with your wife, please try to sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser on your computer and check, if you see usernames and passwords there. If you see them there, it means that something is going wrong with 1Password 7 for Windows.

Please let me know what you find. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• speedy1812
    speedy1812
    Community Member

I don't have a 1Password.com account, just a standalone license. We are using Dropbox to sync our vault.

• @speedy1812: Even with a standalone vault, if all other devices are displaying this data, you're absolutely right that it's there – at least on Dropbox and in other apps' internal database. Does that data come back if you choose 1Password > Exit, then relaunch the app? What if you make a local change (add a note to a Login or something)? Both of these should force a sync so we can see if a fresh sync will fix things up. 👍

• speedy1812
    speedy1812
    Community Member

@bundtkate: I tried both of those things, but neither one of them worked. Maybe I need to uninstall the app on my computer and reinstall? Or maybe doing what Sergey suggested to me while I was running the Beta would do the trick?

• @speedy1812: Sergey's suggestion is actually what I was going to suggest next, but I would recommend making sure you don't have a more pervasive sync problem here before doing so. I always worry about resetting local data without being certain you don't have any unsynced local changes. Since you tried making a local change already, I'd just double-check that change showed up on your other devices. If it did, I'd say go for it!

• speedy1812
    speedy1812
    Community Member

@bundtkate The changes I made locally had synced across to my other devices, so I went ahead and renamed the 1Password data folder, and that did the trick! The credentials that weren't showing up on my PC are now showing up. Thanks for the help!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @speedy1812,

Great news! :chuffed: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome.

This is a weird issue, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you ever bump into it again. We are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.