iOS 12 AutoFill doesn't respect "All Vaults"

baggendbaggend Junior Member āœ­

Just tried the new autofill in the beta and it's fantastic. One problem I've had is that it shows matches from "all of my vaults" as opposed to "All Vaults".

As an example, I have 7 different Amazon logins stored in different vaults because of my work. Only 1 of those gets used on a regular basis which is stored in a vault named "Personal" which is included in "All Vaults". The others are in work-related vaults (let's call them Work1, Work2, Work3). Since those don't get used often, those vaults are not a part of "All Vaults".

Within 1password, if I search for Amazon that's the only one that comes up and everything is fine. But with autofill, all of the logins show up and the one included by default (the one suggested on the button that comes up in the keyboard area) is the first one alphabetically which, ironically, is the very least likely of all 7 to be used.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0 (16A5362a)
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• MrRooniMrRooni

Team Member

Hi there @baggend. Thanks for the feedback. We've been talking this one over internally and will be taking some steps to make this better. Cheers!

• Hey šŸ‘‹,
    I think it would be really really nice if the new iOS 12 autofill would respect the all vaults settings. This is a huge problem for me because I actually have a vault that I keep my deleted items in. Or maybe having a separate configuration for stuff like this under the autofill options would be great.

But I am sure the super talented team @ Agilebits will figure out a solution :)

• MrRooniMrRooni

Team Member

In the most recent beta (beta 7) we've addressed this by no longer sending items to the system to show in the QuickType bar unless they appear in All Vaults. When you bring up the 1Password Password AutoFill user interface you will see all the items across all your vaults.

• Loving the beta, but I want to chime in on this issue as well. It would be nice to eventually see the extended list of login choices respect the all vaults setting and have a vault switcher. My use case is the same as @baggend with work vaults that I keep excluded. Keep up the great work.

• MrRooniMrRooni

Team Member

Thanks for that feedback, Scott. We wanted to take a much simpler approach with the AutoFill UI, just to see if it was plausible. We will keep refining this, Iā€™m sure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file