Feature Request: "Generated Passwords" section on iPad

I use this quite a bit, and it's included in the iPhone version, but it's not in the iPad version currently. Also it would be really nice if you could delete generated passwords from the iPhone version (and the iPad version too, when it gets support).

Also, any plans to add a sync icon somewhere in the UI so you can tell when it's syncing to dropbox no matter where you are in the app?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    You're sneaky! Three feature requests in one thread. :lol:

No matter. I will pass them all along to the developers on your behalf. Well, except for the last two since they are already present in the app. :-D

To delete a generated password on your iPhone, swipe from left to right across it just as you would to delete an email or text message conversation.

For sync status, look for the spinner in the status bar at the top of the screen next to the network signal strength meter. The spinner indicates when 1Password is syncing.

I hope that helps. I'll nudge the devs on the generator for the iPad. In the meantime, you can generate a password in an "Accounts" item and then copy and paste it elsewhere in the app. It's not ideal, but it works in a pinch.
  • Thanks for the detailed response, you answered all my questions.

One point I'd like to make- I'd like the password section on the iPad not to generate passwords, but to read a password that I generated on my Mac or phone that I don't have stored elsewhere in the app. Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Noted! Thanks for clarifying. :)
  • Randomizer
    Randomizer
    Community Member
    I jumped on this thread when I noticed that another nearly 2 year old thread for a password generator for the iPad was now locked. Throughout that 2 year thread I noticed many many votes for a pw generator on the iPad and numerous replies thanking for the votes and looking like you were moving towards it. But it never happened. Seemed to be some replies on dev resources etc. I guess I am wondering why dev resources are required when the pw generator is already there ... in a different section. No need to reinvent the wheel. Just make the already existing pw generator (in the account creation section) available as it's own pw generator. Seems like something that should be doable without much in the way of resources. Sure looks like there are enough folks wanting it and wanting it for quite some time.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Agreed. The main difference is that the whole Generated Passwords section is currently not available at all in the iPad app. We're working to rectify this, but it is a bit more work than just enabling password generation in each item type.

I don't want to make any excuses for the past, but we hope what we are working on will be valuable to you.
  • Randomizer
    Randomizer
    Community Member
    hope so. just seems that, because it is already there, it would be a simple matter to simply 'point' to it. it doesn't have to be perfect out of the box. that's what the updates are for.
This discussion has been closed.