To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

migrated to membership, what happens to old opvault on devices?

onelike147
onelike147
Community Member

just activated the new membership option.
I had app store 1p6 on my mac, and on my iPhone.
the vault was synced through dropbox.
after the new setup everything seems fine and I understand there's no need for dropbox anymore, right?
but I still see the .opvault in dropbox. should I cancel it?

and also: on the iPhone I can see both the "PERSONAL" new vault, and the "PRIMARY" old dropbox vault.
what should I do? just cancel the old vault and both the mac and iphone apps will know what to do?
thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @onelike147

There are instructions for dealing with the Primary vault in the migration guide: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices
    Once you’ve deleted the Primary vault from all devices you can remove the OPVault file from Dropbox if you wish.

Ben

• onelike147
    onelike147
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

thanks @Ben
    I saw the link, but the thing is that I don't have those menu items...

• @onelike147

Do you have a Primary vault on the Mac? You’ll only see those options if you do. You mentioned specifically that you have a Primary vault on the iPhone... please follow the instructions for iOS on the iPhone.

Ben

• onelike147
    onelike147
    Community Member

thanks @Ben I had the same Primary vault inside Dropbox, using it both in my Macs and iPhone

• On the Mac please try 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and see if “Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts” is checked. If it is uncheck it. The Primary vault is unique to each device, even when synced, so you need to remove it from each device. Once you’ve done so you can delete the sync file from Dropbox.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.