Diary/journal service using 1Password security model?

Lucent
Lucent
Community Member

I'm looking for a diary/journal solution and really like the 1Password security model of synced data combined with a user-held secret key and user-held password. I haven't seen any services like this out there. They either host your data in plain text or you keep all your data on your machine and it's your responsibility to back it up. I'd like something combining the true security of a user-held key with the secure syncing and backup of hosted data--the best of both worlds.

Any suggestions of a solution like this, even if it's just someone's GitHub repository implementing something similar? Would anyone else be interested in seeing this built out?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It depends a touch on the size of your journal, but the Secure Notes feature of 1PW might work.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Day One Sync offers private-key end-to-end encryption.

Day One is a great App for journalling (unlike 1Password, which has a completely different use case)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've used Day One previously and thought it had a good design too. I'm just too lazy to keep up with a diary. :lol:

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

I was very positively impressed when I read End-to-End Encryption for Day One Sync. I haven't actually evaluated the product or its behavior myself, but it really looked like the right way to go about this, and so I my opinions are based on that document.

I don't write in a journal. I just talk to my dogs.

This discussion has been closed.