Import from SplashID Windows

Options

I'm looking to move away from SplashID for Windows and have just started a family trial of 1Password. I've looked at the support pages to try to find out how I can import the data from SplashID (Windows or iOS). It seems that there are instructions for 1Password for Mac but I don't see the same options in the Windows version.

Can you help me get my data across?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@BrummyGit ,

You can use the splashid converter in the converter suite . Use the 1.11 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post.

Just follow the READMD.pdf instructions. Ask if you need help.

• BrummyGit
    BrummyGit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I was able to import my data successfully, but only after turning off the date import which caused it to crash initially. Incidentally my wife has only the iOS version of SplashID - can I use the same method to import her data exported from iOS to Dropbox?

I'm still not able to find the reference in the first post - can you point me at it if there's more stuff to read up on?

Thanks again for your help.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@BrummyGit ,

I'd need more details about the "date import which caused it?" to crash. What is the "date import" and which software crashed?

The password manager must be able to export data to a desktop-suitable format. I don't know what SplashID on iOS can do. If she can get the un-encrypted vID file, then it might be possible. Otherwise, her data must be sycn'd to a desktop app, and then exported from there.

If my reference, you mean Testing Bits, find those words on the first page of the converter suite thread.

• BrummyGit
    BrummyGit
    Community Member
    Options

It was the "perl convert_to_1p4.pl splashid -v ..\name_of_export_file" which gave errors. I suspect that the SplashID file had invalid data in it but when I added the -notimestamps option it went through and produced an import file.

I thought that might help someone in future who has the same issue.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options

@BrummyGit ,

I'd like to get a sense of what those bad time stamps were that caused the issue. Can you run the conversion with time stamps and debug enabled to find the culprit? I'd need to see the exact date string in question. You can find these in the export as well.

eg.

do_import           :   field: Description => Prescriptions - My Drugs
    do_import           :   field: RX# => 9999999
    do_import           :   field: Name => Joe Blow
    do_import           :   field: Doctor => Doc McQuack
    do_import           :   field: Pharmacy => Drugs-R-Us
    do_import           :   field: Phone # => 555-1313
    do_import           :   field: Date Mod => October 22,2014

or

...Doc McQuack,Drugs-R-Us,555-1313,,,,"October 22,2014",0,,,...

This discussion has been closed.