Convert license from serial to compatible 1Password 7's file

Hi!
I have a license for 1Password v4.6.1.620.
How can I update this license to use it with latest version of 1Password? I tried to install 1password 7, but now it requires a file instead a serial

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @h7255

1Password 7 requires either a new license (separate purchase) or a 1Password membership subscription:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Thanks, but why in the FAQs there is the following question?

"I already own a 1Password license. Do I need to upgrade to a 1Password membership?

If you purchased 1Password in the past and aren’t interested in the benefits of a membership, that’s totally fine. Thanks for supporting 1Password! You’re welcome to try a membership any time to see if it’s right for you.

If you have a new device and want to use your existing license with it, find your license and add it to the 1Password app."

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited August 2018

Thanks, but why in the FAQs there is the following question?

That's correct. A membership is not required, though we do feel it offers the best 1Password experience. If you'd prefer to continue to license 1Password you can, and the instructions given are for adding an existing 1Password 7 license to 1Password (not a 1Password 4 license).

The guide I linked above outlines the options available for getting on board with 1Password 7.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file