Autofill onboarding

Options
sriggins
sriggins
Community Member

I installed 7.2 but autofill didn’t work. Came to the forums and saw that it should. Checked the settings of 1Password but found nothing.

It was only until the next day did I realize that I would have to go into the accounts and passwords settings and enable 1Password. This makes total sense, but I know 90% of the people I know would never think to look there.

I would add an “Autofill” settings section which is just instructions on how to enable it for 1Password.

Comments

• Kush131
    Kush131
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: to this (I actually went here to figure out how to enable it). With that being said, I am sure there are some plans in place to do this once the feature is out of beta.

• rudy
    Options

@sriggins,

100% of people would never think to look there. Even when we started to write the extension back in June the first stumbling block was that exact problem.

We're going to have some instructional screens, but we've also filed a bug report with Apple to see if they can make that process a little smoother, such as making it possible to deep link to the autofill settings so that we can take you right to the page in Settings.app for turning the setting on.

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good, thanks!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.