cannot edit or see changes in windows 10

today I opened 1password (subscription) on windows 10 desktop to edit a login. I noticed the edit button does not function. I went to my iPhone and was able to edit, however the change is not reflected in the newly "read-only" version on my desktop.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• drivereye
    drivereye
    Community Member

I will answer my own question in case someone needs it. I deleted the app and reinstalled. It still showed uncorrected edits. It must of reconnected to my old 1password 4 vault. So I hit accounts / sign into a new account. Filled out the info and it is working.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drivereye,

I am glad to hear you've figured it out! :+1: It sounds like you have been using a local vault in 1Password 7 for Windows instead of your 1Password account. It requires a standalone license, that is why you weren't able to edit your items.

If you signed in to your account in the app now, please make sure to use your Personal vault (it belongs to your account), check if you have all of your data in your account, and get rid of your old local vault, which can be found in the vault list under "On this PC" title.

Let me know if it helps. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.