Chrome Extension Runtime Error

I'm trying to use the chrome extension as installed by the 1Password for Windows in Trial Mode.
Whenever I start Chrome and occasionally out of nowhere I get a popup window with a runtime exception which looks like this:

capture_2011-11-03_094610.png

The extension doesn't work.
I should mention that before installing the 1Password app I did install the Chrome extension from the web which, I later found out, is a Mac only extension.
So I Uninstalled it and then installed the current extension (which is showing the runtime error) from the 1Password Windows Application.

Thanks.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Are you sure this runtime error is caused by our chrome extension? Your screen shot does not seem to provide that information.

• Are you sure this runtime error is caused by our chrome extension? Your screen shot does not seem to provide that information.

Yes. 100%.
    When I disable it it doesn't happen, the moment it's enabled it happens again.
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    I am getting a RunTime error in the latest Google Chrome Beta (16.0.912.21). When disabling 1Password, the Runtime error goes away. The Beta was just released this morning.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    @hesher: what Google Chrome version are you running?
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited November 2011
    FYI, I switched to the stable release and everything works fine.
  • Xavier Michelon
    Xavier Michelon
    Community Member
    edited November 2011
    Hello.

I am experiencing the same issue with the latest Chome beta (16.0.912.21) on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. This is definitely a 1password issue as it disappears when I disable the extension, and reappears immediately when enabling it.
    I'll probably switch to the latest stable chrome release in the mean time.
  • keith5
    keith5
    Community Member
    edited November 2011
    Using Chrome 16.0.912.21 stable and the latest version of 1password for Windows. I get the same error at startup and the extension doesn't work at all. I have to manually open the 1password app and copy paste my passwords every time which is kind of annoying.

edit: I did a complete reinstall and went back to Chrome 15.0.874.106 m and it works now.
  • imluckiest
    imluckiest
    Community Member
    I'm having the same problem too as soon as I disable the 1password extension I stop getting the error. It seems to be the beta-m [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16.0.912.21 released 11/3/2011 [/font]http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/.
  • ShaunG
    ShaunG
    Community Member
    edited November 2011
    I too am having this issue on 16.0.912.21 beta-m:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Use...
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK  

Here's the Chrome crash data provided by Windows 7:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: chrome.exe
      Application Version: 16.0.912.21
      Application Timestamp: 4eaf8de7
      Fault Module Name: chrome.dll
      Fault Module Version: 16.0.912.21
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4eaf8d8b
      Exception Code: 40000015
      Exception Offset: 0000eda2
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional Information 1: 40c1
      Additional Information 2: 40c1aa1279514d8d4af62193bec54efa
      Additional Information 3: 8380
      Additional Information 4: 838088220765b3de76fb7384a16a98fb

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Xaview, Keith, Shaun, et al: 1Password for Windows is confirmed for compatibility with only the current non-Beta versions of the supported browsers.

There's no such thing (at this time) as a "Chrome 16 stable" version. Please let us know if you have similar problems with the current non-Beta version.
  • Steve McClain
    Steve McClain
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

Xaview, Keith, Shaun, et al: 1Password for Windows is confirmed for compatibility with only the current non-Beta versions of the supported browsers.

the Browsers tab in the preferences dialog box says stable and beta channels are supported. Has this changed? That said I was experiencing the same issues in version 16 when it was in the dev/canary channels but it works in the new version 17 dev branch
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Yes, I've asked that the Browsers tab text be updated, but (in the press of development) that just hasn't happened yet. That's why I've made sure it's clear on the Requirements page of the user's guide and why I keep making the point, here in the forum.

I'm sorry for the confusion, Steve.
  • Hey, I am indeed running latest dev mode. Will revert to stable as well..
  • [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I can confirm this issue is for Chrome version 16.0.912.21[/font] beta-m. I know beta builds are not supported, but this is probably worth looking into as the beta releases are just a stone's throw away from being pushed to stable.The beta releases are actually quite stable, they're certainly not trunk releases were new features are tested.
  • Getting the same error with Chrome 16 beta-m. Disabling the 1PW extension works, nothing crashed so far then.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for your concern, refringe.

As always, we anticipate support for any non-Beta version within 24 hours of its release. It's usually less.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks, webbi87; but please see the preceding posts.
  • [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Getting the same error with Chrome 16.0.912.63 1Password latest build[/font]
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Please download (and install) version 1.0.9.244 here: https://agilebits.co...n/release_notes
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    (dance) Yeah!!! I am psyched to have the new Chrome extension in Windows. I have grown to love it on my Mac. Great work!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Great. But I'm having a problem with the new extension. It won't fill my Hotmail entries, which it used to do. The problem does not exist with the Mac version of Chrome.

I'm using Windows 8 DP and the latest versions of Chrome, 1Password and its extensions.

Are you going to release a "Metro version" of the program by the way?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    What's "a Metro version," Xe997?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Read the news about Windows 8 ; )
  • I've got the same problem now. I've updated everything, but I'm still getting the same error msg, and disabling the extension fixes it.

Chrome: 16.0.912.63 m
    1Password: 1.0.9.244
    Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas?
  • ShaunG
    ShaunG
    Community Member
    Download the new Chrome extension here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html
  • ShaunG wrote:

Download the new Chrome extension here: https://agilebits.co.../win/index.html

Thanks, that worked! It installed as a different extension as the one I had before. They also have different version numbers. What is the difference between the two?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Kenji!

The new extension for Chrome uses completely different technology. The previous version of the extension simply wouldn't have worked with Chrome 16, which is why we released the 1Password update within a few hours of Chrome 16 "going stable."
  • jstec
    jstec
    Community Member
    I'm getting this error as well, and it goes away when disabling 1Password.

Chrome: 16.0.912.63 m
    1Password: 1.0.9.246
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Once you start relying on a great tool like 1Password, it's a real bummer when it breaks!

Hope this gets resolved soon.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    You'll need to install the current version of the 1Password Chrome extension as mentioned above:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

If you are still having trouble, could you please start new thread and let me know what version of the 1Password Chrome extension you are using?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.