1Password Single Sign-On Service

Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member

Has AgileBits considered offering a single sign-on service as part of a 1Password Account offering? That seems like it would be a great alternative to using Google or Facebook (I don't have accounts with either services).

It seems like this would be the ultimate "1Password".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's a really cool idea, and perhaps something we can do someday...but there's one big problem: we'd then be in a position to know 1Password users' whereabouts online, and that's something we really don't want. Maybe there's a cool way around that. I'm not sure. But suffice to say we won't offer a service like that unless we can maintain the same security and privacy standards we do today. But yeah, cool idea:

It seems like this would be the ultimate "1Password".

:)

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

@brenty

Understood. I place zero trust in Google, Facebook, or any other free service to handle this, which is why I never use it. I figured that I am already trusting 1Password with my most important data, therefore I should trust it to act as an authentication method as well. But, as you mentioned, there are privacy implications that AgileBits would have to figure out.

Thanks for the discussion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing it up! Technology is always evolving, so maybe in the future it will be possible to do something like this without all the privacy implications. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.