Upgraded to 1Password 7 and ordered a new Mac -- should I wait until the new computer arrives?

Hi,

I just purchased a standalone 1Password 7 license (currently have 1Password 6). However, I have also ordered a new Mac which should arrive in 1-2 weeks. It occurred to me that if I were to activate this license in my current Mac, I might later have problems activating the license in the new Mac.

Hence I'm reaching out to you to check: can I later deactivate the license from my current Mac and reactivate it in the new Mac? If yes, what is the procedure?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

There's no activation/deactivation needed.

The licences for 1PW are per user (which means individual human being, not account on a computer) per-platform. So you can use the licence on all the Macs you own.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@swineone: danco is right on: if you purchased 1Password for Mac version 6, you can use that on all of your Macs — though I would encourage you to wipe everything from the old Mac if you're going to get rid of it, not so much for 1Password but for anything that isn't encrypted. Better safe than sorry. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file