Safari keeps asking me to authenticate every time I open the browser

Options
ivanwindon
ivanwindon
Community Member

Every time I click on a link, or try and open safari it asks me to authenticate. What is worse is that it hijacks my session, and the site I'm trying to go to never comes up as it takes me to the authentication page instead.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Safari keeps asking me to authenticate every time I open the browser

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ivanwindon

Could you please post a screenshot showing this “hijacking”?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Thanks!

Ben

• ivanwindon
    ivanwindon
    Community Member
    Options

It's not much to see, however I will do so once it happens again. Maybe I didn't describe it correctly. What it does, I'll open Safari, which opens to no webpage. I then say I want to go somewhere, lets say Facebook. Instead of going to facebook it goes to the authentication page for 1Password and cancels my request to go to facebook (or any other site). This also happens if there is a link in a email, if I click on it and it opens Safari and starts to go there, 1 Password will redirect it before it gets there to the authentication page again (it does this at least 1 time a day). I then have to authenticate 1Password, and then go to my site again, or open the email back up and click on the link again. It didn't use to do this, it's doing it all the time now.

Cheers,

Ivan Windon

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ivanwindon: I'd definitely like some screenshots -- or a video -- if it happens again. From your description, it sounds like you're stopping the page load by using 1Password too early. But I could be mistaken, and I'd like to be able to confirm -- and hopefully reproduce it -- either way.

This discussion has been closed.